Some people don’t believe in bad luck…those people have not met me yet.
I certainly agree that everyone will definitely face bad situations in his life, and i certainly agree that any of the situations i’ve been through could easily happen to anyone else. But i also believe that they can’t happen to anyone else than me in such a systematic, ironic and timely manner.
It’s as if the whole world is conspiring against me, it’s like i am the living proof of Murphey’s laws. Sometimes people meet me and say: “dont worry, its just coincidences, you are perfectly normal, my cousin was in the same situation as you” but they realize their mistake later on when they know me better
Its thousands of small things, nothing severe or fatal so far, thank God, but its too much.
So, back to the story, let me tell you how did my last week go:
- Tue 21 April 9:30am: I join my new work….
- Wed 27 May: A stupid conversation with my father about how careless i am, it all started when he saw the mess in my room, the conversation included a question on where do i place the work’s laptop among a few other questions…. all my responses where among the lines of “dont worry father, i know what am doing”
- Thu 28 May – 5:00pm: Work is finished, a colleague asked me if i could give him a lift as he doesnt have his car today, i said yes, since he live in heliopolis which is not too far from me.
- Thu 28 May – 6:00pm: Dropped him off at his home, discovered that he lives near Diwan bookshop, so i decided that after all the tension i am going through the past few weeks, i really need a relaxing weekend at home with a good book.
- Thu 28 May – 6:10pm: Got my book and headed back to my car.
- Thu 28 May – 6:11pm: I noticed the car is much noisier than usual, looked back, to find the window’s glass is broken, 10 seconds later i realize that the laptop which i left on the back seat is missing (yes, the laptop i got from my new work, which costs 1200EUR)
Yes, this is the SECOND TIME I LOSE WORK’S LAPTOP!!!!!!! mesh mesada2 nafsy ya3ny!
- Thu 28 May – 6:30pm: Trying to file a report in Nozha police station(which is located just next to heliopolis square btw!!), after long conversation, they told me the robbery didnt occur in their area and i have to file the report in Heliopolis police station
- Thu 28 May – 7:00pm: Trying to find an officer to file a report…
- Thu 28 May – 7:30pm: Still trying…
- Thu 28 May – 8:15pm: The report is done, i ask to get the report number and a copy of it to provide to work, the guy said we have to ask “Wael Basha” first!!!
- Thu 28 May – 9:00pm: Wael Basha went out….still waiting for him.
- Thu 28 May – 10:00pm: I go fix the broken glass
- Thu 28 May – 10:45pm: Looks like Wael Basha mezawa3′….i go home
- Fri 29 May – 3:00pm: I go get a haircut
- Fri 29 May – 3:45pm: Finished my hair cut, go back to my car, Wind Shield glass is broken (YES! The front glass) lewa7do keda! ghayran men a7′ou!
- Sat 30 May – 4:00pm: Back to police station, trying to get my copy of report, had to pay money under the table to get the report number
- Sat 30 May – 5:30pm: The guy said he cant get it to me today as the number i got is wrong, will meet him tom early morning to get it (he wants more money!)
- Sat 30 May – 7:30pm: You dont want to know.
- Tue 2 June – 7:00pm: My car totally broke up
- Thu 4 June – 6:00pm: Total cost to fix car and renew license etc 3200LE
lets try to do a rational analysis looking at the past events, we can find the irony in the following:
- The work’s laptop had to be stolen(2nd time ) when i merely completed a month at my new work!
- It also had to be stolen just the next day where my father was accusing me of being careless and tells me to watch out where i place my laptop in car!!!!!
- My colleague at work HAD to ask for a ride that day!
- He had to live next to Diwan!
- The theif had to pass by my car during the 10 mins i left it unattended!!!
- The glass HAD to break the next day!!!
Do you think it’s all a coincidence? i think NOT!
Just to remind you:
- Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse
- Smile today. . . tomorrow will be worse
- If it seems to good to be true, it probably isn’t
ان حظي كدقيق فوق شوك نثروه ,,, ثم قالو لحفاة يوم ريح اجمعوه !!!
صعب الأمر عليهم ثم قالو اتركوه ,,, ان من اشقاه ربي كيف انتم تسعدوه!!!