The following are some quick points to help you plan your future trip:
- Plan ahead, make sure you plan for your upcoming trip with at least double the time you plan to travel, e.g. if you plan to travel for 3 days, start deciding up on everything 1 week before, double this time if you’re travelling abroad.
- Decide what is your target of the trip. (e.g. take photographs, relax, party or see everything around)
- Confirm who is going with you (the people with you on a trip, *REALLY* makes a huge difference on how you enjoy a trip, make sure that everyone is compatible with each other)
- If you are the guide, make sure to announce *ALL* the details to the people going, highlight the *BAD* parts first so you don’t end up with people blaming you for not telling them.
- Read a lot about the place you’re going to.
Check WikiPedia to read about the city or country you’re going to
check WikiTravel to read about the tourist attractions in this area
use google books to check the Lonely Planet Guide for that city or country
use WikiMapia to see details of areas around the place you’re going to
post on the the Trip Advisor forum to ask about any questions you might need to know, many people will be glad to help.
- Google for local websites about the place you’re going to, you might find more information from the local sources
- Write a detailed plan of the trip, for example:
Day 1 – 10:00am leave to place X
Day 1 – 02:00pm lunch at restaurant Z
Day 1 – 08:00pm Checkin Hotel Y
Day 2 – 09:00am Monument visiting
- Try to stick to the plan as much as you can, changes are possible offcourse, but only make them when necessary, also, do not forget to calculate the time you will take to travel from one place to another.
- If you’re not travelling in your own car, make sure to read well about the places you’ll take public transportation from and the times they leave. As you might plan for example to travel from X to Y at 9:00pm while the last bus leaves at 7:00pm, this might destroy your whole plan.
- Make an estimate of the budget, include an average of all the prices you might need to pay, including food, transportation accomodation and gas prices.
- Make a packing list of all what you might need in your trip, before you travel make sure you revise that list not to forget anything.
You can use this site to create a packing list.
- Make sure you have entertainment with you for times you spend in transportation, or at nights if you don’t have plans, for example get a book, music or some games.
- Check the weather in the place you’re going to, this is very obvious, but trust me its very important.
- If you have a GPS enabled device, try to find the GPS co-ordinates of the places you’re going to.
- Get a map of the place you’re going to, and find directions on how to get there and keep them in a handy place. Use maps.google.com for some basic maps.
- Make sure you have enough money, your visa card is working, if you’re travelling abraod, US dollars and euros are usually acceptted everywhere, check for best rates to know if you should change in your home country first or not.
- If you’re going camping or to places like a protectorate, make sure to know if you need any special permissions from authoroties.
- Have fun, if something happens, work around it, and continue to have fun
إيه وجة الشبة بينى و الشمعدان؟